Project Installation Technician
Location: Based out of Birmingham, AL (travel REQUIRED)
Reports To: Professional Services
As a member of a project installation team, you will be responsible for completing customer site surveys, hardware and software installation, data migration, product delivery, removal of de-install equipment and maintaining up to date records. All teams operate under the direction of a Sr. Project Manager as well as a team leader.
- Bench and / or on-site service technical experience -– 1 year
- Customer Interface experience -– 1 year
- Network installations / service experience –- 1 year
- A+ and/or MCP. Hardware Vendor certifications (Compaq, IBM, HP, etc) preferred
- Familiarity with large account environments and protocol.
- Strong working knowledge in major desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and XP).
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable motor vehicle record required for opportunities requiring business travel.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of completing status and project documents.
- Required to load, lift, move and deliver product weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires working in the following positions for extended periods of time: working overhead, climbing, bending, kneeling and stooping.
- Overnight travel will be required most every week. Travel expenses are re-paid as expense reports are turned in weekly.
- Technicians are required to be able to cover normal overnight expenses prior to receiving expense checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides a high level of service to clients by attending to and resolving on-site service issues as related to the project installation or survey.
- Conducts on-site upgrades, data migrations, configurations and tests of client equipment
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation on service work performed and ensures timely communication to supervisor of service order status and potential issues
Good customer service skills are a definite requirement.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to fill out our job application form.